cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582n DHCP clients not routing properly

Parzival
Dabbler

Technicolor TG582n DHCP clients not routing properly

Having a very weird issue with my  Technicolor TG582n router.
I posted a bit about this a week or so ago, but it was quite specific and had no replies. Things are still not right though.
All I have done since the factory defaults was set the DHCP server address range (and the routers main ip address) from 192.168.1.x and replaced with 192.168.0.x
With this setup, my clients get a 192.168.0.x address and generally have no issues (surfing the net etc)
But if I try to do something like attach to active sync via my phone, or make a terminal service connection on my internal network, it just times out.
Has anyone got any suggestions or ideas? I think I may have to factory reset and start again with it.
Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Technicolor TG582n DHCP clients not routing properly

Could it be the port forward rule to your server is being stored as the old IP address by the router?
I would suggest you unassign all port forward rules before changing the DHCP range and reboot the router before re-assigning these PF rules.
You could also look in the routers ARP table to see if the new IP addresses are being used there.
Cli command to view the routers ARP table:
ip arplist
Good luck, please let us know if you find the cause.
Parzival
Dabbler

Appreciate the reply  Smiley
I will try both these things. I only had a couple of port forward rules, but plan to use a lot more.
I found the CLI guide for this router and found it was nearly 900 pages !

Thanks, I will update with answers!
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Parzival

I found the CLI guide for this router and found it was nearly 900 pages !

Try this:  Grin
http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html
Parzival
Dabbler

Thanks for the guide, thats excellent.
I tried what you suggested. The ARP table looks fine, all IPs listed are from the correct range 192.168.0.x
I might just start over, I did have a few issues setting the DHCP range in the first place, I am sure thats got to be the cause.
Thanks