cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582N can't login

atfeh

Technicolor TG582N can't login

Hi

I reset technicolor router TG582n from the button.

I am not able to login via browser tried all options not working admin/serial number

Is there any new firmware to update the router

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Technicolor TG582N can't login

Welcome to the forum.

Plusnet no longer support these routers so there's no new firmware. It's highly unlikely anyway that this would help with your problem.

Try another reset, holding the button closed for at least 25 seconds. If that doesn't work then come back and describe exactly what's not working for you. 

Are you following these instructions?  https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/router-reconnect/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

atfeh

Thanks for your  reply

followed instructions

still same can't login

Login  

Enter your username and password to access your Technicolor Gateway.

The username or password you've entered is incorrect. Please check and try again

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I assume the OP cannot login to the router admin page - that's what it sounds like?

Not being familiar with that model, a factory reset would be a first step. Does it have a pre-set password on a label on the router? I am not sure, or would the admin password revert back to the serial number. Someone with the same model may be able to help on that.

Failing that a new router may help, plenty of second hand ones on-line. PlusNet I believe will supply one for just the postage cost if you re-contract. Depends if you're overall happy with them and your connection.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Are you typing the serial number as the password all in uppercase(Where appropriate), and admin as the username all in lowercase?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
atfeh

yes

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @atfeh,

I agree with @Alex that this does indeed sound like a faulty router - the remainder of his post is pretty much what I would have advised too! Our Customer Options Team can be contacted on 0800 013 2632 if you're in a position to explore the recontract route.

Best wishes,

Dave

Edit: Mods - if you get chance could you please fix the mis-sizing of this post. Thanks.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Font fixed.