Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical support disaster

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Technical support disaster

In that case, as I said, it is a simple job to get it to forget whatever settings it previously had and reconnect to a 'new' router - as previously stated, I have just reconfigured an MG3250 using WPS and a TG582n router.

The instructions are in the manual.

John
jab1
Legend

If you can't find the instructions easily in the manual, just substitute your model number in this link:https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg3250_pri...

John
protopia
Dabbler

When I set it up a few months ago, I tried all of that and failed to make it connect using WPS. I have no idea why.

In the end I had to set the SSID and password manually using the mobile phone app - which was not intuitive and took several attempts.

I can try to talk my friend through the approach, but if it doesn't work first (or possibly second time) then we will have to leave it.

BUT, and this is the key point, if it is that easy then, having trashed her router configuration, the onus was on PlusNet to try to reestablish her connectivity, and not rely on a friend from 2,000km away having to step in. But they didn't try at the time, and in the days since they have still not tried. Nor apologised. Nor phoned to see if there is still anything they can do to help. NOTHING.

jab1
Legend

OK @protopia  - but that is the third 3200 series printer I have set up in the last couple of months - all on different routers, btw.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

My mate Google suggests:

WPS Connection Method
  1. Make sure that the printer is turned on. Press & hold the [Wi-Fi] button on the top of the printer until the alarm lamp flashes once.
  2. Make sure that the lamp next to this button starts to flash blue and then go to your access point and press the [WPS] button within 2 minutes.

Got to be worth a try?

jab1
Legend

@Mustrum  - slightly different to the instructions from Canon themselves, but maybe it varies slightly between models?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

I have recently connected a MG5750 to a Smarthub 6. From memory all I did was go into the printer wireless settings and select WPS setup. I then pressed the WPS button on the Smarthub, sat down with a cup of tea and let it do it's stuff.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

protopia
Dabbler

I tried that several times before and it didn't work. But I will be there this weekend to reconfigure the router properly, so I will try this and let everyone know whether it works.

protopia
Dabbler

New news!!

By way of an apology the PlusNet team have decided that they have been overcharging the customer who is out of contract and are offering her a reduced rate providing that she signs up to a new contract which ties her to PlusNet.

I am not quite sure that this this really constitutes an apology though.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @protopia

I am not sure of what exactly she would have been offered as an apology. I don't think the new reduced contract offered is necessarily a way of apology rather than making sure that we look out for our customer for them not  to continue paying the standard amount. For example, we could apply a one month free broadband but this would only last for a month then go back to pay the full amount. We would not want a customer to pay the standard price if it comes to our attention that they are out of contract. It's within the customer's best interest to take up a new discounted contract to avoid paying the full standard amount every month.

Another reason for offering a new reduced contract would have been to allow us to send a new router out. We can only send a new router out if the router is faulty and it is within warranty, by signing up to a new contract or the full price being charged for the rotuer. On this instance, it could be that we offered a new contract to allow us to order a Plusnet router as the customer has been using a third party router. Having a Plusnet router would enable us to offer more support if anything goes wrong in the future.

We have updated the ticket raised on the account to address the points raised. This can be viewed by clicking on this link

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team