Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Advice please

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Tech Advice please

Hi,
          I've had my Wireless Thompson TG 585 V7 Router only a few weeks and would like to know if anyone could answer a question, The router i had before was the voyager 210 and the Noise Margin was always around 8db down and 24 up conected via Ethernet cable, the Thompson has settled down at 9.5 up and 23 down, well i think I've given the correct readings because the Thompson says SN margin not Noise margin.
Is it normal for a wireless Router to have a slightly higher reading? its the first one I've had so not sure if after 3 days since rebooting the router if it should be lower or not.
regards
jono
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Tech Advice please

Different makes of router seem to report slightly different values - I wouldn't bother about such a small difference (assuming you got the up an down mixed up  ;D)
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi, thanks jim, no, i at least got that bit round the right way, some times my old router if left on for a few days would get as low as 7.2db, I thought it may cause slightly slower speeds if it stopped at 9.5 but if that's OK thanks once again.
regards
jono
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Noise Margins vary through the course of the day, always worse at night. So the sort of variations you are talking about are not that uncommon.