cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target SNR

mmcilroy
Grafter

Target SNR

Hi - The target SNR of my line appears to have increased from 6db to 9db. Can someone please reset it back to 6? I have 2 broadband lines at my property. My other line is perfectly stable at 6db. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Target SNR

The characteristics of one line cannot be any assurance about the behaviour of another.
You've had a number of similar issues in the past 6 months - there will be a reason behind the DLM altering your SNRM, which ought to be bottomed out before performing a reset or you will be back here requesting another one in a couple of weeks.
@CRT, what's the lines error history / VR plot look like please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mmcilroy
Grafter

I was having problems with intermittent noise on the line which open reach eventually resolved over a period of months. My line has always synced at 6db so I'm not sure why it's increased but am confident it will be stable at 6db.
mmcilroy
Grafter

Anyone from pnet able to help?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I see no reason why we can't do this as the line is stable again.
I've submitted the reset to 6db so you should see a change within a few hours.
Please do shout up if you start to see any issues such as disconnections.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mmcilroy
Grafter

Thanks. I can see that has taken affect, however my sync speed has not changed. Is it possible my sync speed has been set to a fixed value? It always syncs at 2272 Kbps even if I tweak the target SNR (which I don't normally do). Previously my line was syncing at around 3000+ Kbps
mmcilroy
Grafter

Anyone from plus net able to advise? Am I on a fixed rate?
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: mmcilroy
Thanks. I can see that has taken affect, however my sync speed has not changed. ...

What exactly are you seeing in terms of router statistics?  I think a fixed or capped synch rate would show a higher than expected Noise Margin.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line has become banded
WBC 1M - 2M Medium delay (INP 4) 6dB Downstream.
I'm going to remove the banding, but if it keeps raising the SNR it will indicate there's a deeper issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mmcilroy
Grafter

Thanks. Syncing at 2983 Kbps again
When you're on a slow connection like mine every little helps Smiley