Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target SNR Margin change request

youngsyp
Grafter

Target SNR Margin change request

Hi,
Please could I request that one of you lovely Plusnet techie's reset my target SNR margin to 6dB? It's hovering around 8dB at the minute so, I suspect it's currently set to 9dB?! However, the line is stable and should support a 6dB profile.
Thanks in advance,
Paul
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Target SNR Margin change request

HI youngsyp,
I've just ran a line test and it's showing as SNR 6dB so a reset wouldn't make any difference I'm afraid.
Jojo Smiley
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Once in sync, the SNR will vary during the day and go up as well as down due to many factors too numerous to mention.
youngsyp
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
HI youngsyp,
I've just ran a line test and it's showing as SNR 6dB so a reset wouldn't make any difference I'm afraid.
Jojo Smiley
Hi,
OK, thanks for checking. Interestingly enough, the SNR Margin is now sitting at 6dB too...

Thanks again,
Paul
youngsyp
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
Once in sync, the SNR will vary during the day and go up as well as down due to many factors too numerous to mention.
Yes that's clear. However, with rate adaptive ADSL, which I believe Plusnet use, there is also a target SNR margin and this sets the initial SNR margin zone that the SNR margin fluctuates around.
It had been hovering around 8dB which is clearly closer to 9dB than 6dB, hence my request.  Smiley
Paul