Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk to Plusnet?

ClaretMatt
Grafter

TalkTalk to Plusnet?

Hi gang
Almost certainly switching back to Plusnet from TalkTalk Business.  The only thing is, I'm fully unbundled with TT and I've been reading all sorts of calamity and fees relating to re-joining the BT-based network once more.  Can anyone confirm if I'll need to pay anything?  How much it may be?
WIll I lose service during the transfer or can I force TalkTalk to give me a MAC code?  What about Sim Provide switching and is that possible?
Many thanks in advance for the replies
Matt
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: TalkTalk to Plusnet?

one problem with TT is that they dontt know what the word OFCOM means.
A) they should give you a MAC code
B)they should let you move your phone number, but often they manage to loose it
C)they should keep your line open till the last minute, but they often leave you in the larch with no phone or broadband for a week
D) they have the worst record in the UK
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I was a F2S customer who was dumped into TT business  Embarrassed
But when I switched my broadband from TT and my phone from SKY everything went OK, must have caught them both on a good day  Roll_eyes
Or perhaps TT business is better than TT residential
I think I was lacking  broadband for a couple of hours  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
ClaretMatt
Grafter

Just re-joine PlusNet today, and for anyone else who is concerned about this problem.  There are no transfer fees at this time, and the continuity of your telephone number is not guaranteed.  The process should be complete inside 3 weeks with minimal downtime and no MAC code was needed when coming from fully unbundled TalkTalk. (Where you have phone and broadband from them)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've been reading all sorts of calamity and fees relating to re-joining the BT-based network once more.

I've never really seen any major issues with that process TBH. Do give me a shout if you encounter any problems though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team