cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP Link TL-WDR4300

Dapperdan

TP Link TL-WDR4300

Just had Plusnet fibre installed (yesterday). Decided not to use the Technicolor router but wanted something a little more capable on wireless etc. Installed TP-Link router today using the install disc on Win7, pretty straightforward. The TP Link is looking the part. I am using it with ethernet to drive a network printer, Sonos Bridge, NAS and stream on Demand TV to Humax. Wireless to Sonos Players and Amp, iPod touch  and iPad. Using both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
So if you are looking to spend around £80 deld (eBuyer) that works without interference with a Sonos network (that was my primary concern having read about some issue), then I reckon its a good option. I am now running the router from Mac OS 10.8.3 (hack) having set up on Win7, speed looks good at present (around 40Mbs cf 41Mbs estimate) and its still early days.
Worth mentioning that OpenReach engineer was excellent, punctual, professional, neat and tidy. Came as quite a pleasant surprise having read of some of the other Forum posts. So full marks to OpenReach and indeed Plusnet, great start.
1 REPLY 1
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: TP Link TL-WDR4300

Welcome to the Forums and glad you got set up OK. Well done with the info on the Router, I'm sure others will find it useful.
There's also this post that mentions the TP Link TL-WDR4300 and this one makes a passing mention and this for any one else interested in the is router.