cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG585v8 bridge mode with Airport Extreme

fncbloke

TG585v8 bridge mode with Airport Extreme

Hello all,
I've just acquired an Airport Extreme Base Station and have been trying to set it up with the Thomson TG585v8 in bridge mode. I've read a few other threads and have tried using Matt Turner's config file from http://www.mattturner.plus.com/bridge.tpl. When I uploaded this file to the TG585, the first thing to say is that I didn't see a 'Bridge' option in the setup wizard, although the service name changed from 'Routed PPPoA on 0/38' to 'Bridge'.
Ignoring this, I assumed that the new config had done everything needed to set the router into bridge mode, so I connected the Airport Exteme into Ethernet port 4 and tried setting it up using Airport Utility on my Macbook. I selected PPPoE, and my normal user@plusdsl.net/password combination (is this correct?). No joy.
I've also tried a wired PPPoE connection from the Macbook, but I can't get that to work either.
Has anyone else managed to get this combination to work? Needless to say, I've had to revert the Thomson to its original config to make this post (which incidentally required a power cycle, 'cos it locked up after re-loading the original config!) so I won't be trying anything else until hopefully I've had some helpful feedback.
Thanks in advance...
2 REPLIES 2
allosunshine

Re: TG585v8 bridge mode with Airport Extreme

Im waiting for my Airport Extreme to arrive so haven't tested it yet but see link below for some help.
http://forum.techradar.com/showthread.php?t=27326
Incidentally, have you managed to get it working?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: TG585v8 bridge mode with Airport Extreme

Welcome to the forum guys Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine