Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: TG582n some questions

Ah, good point, I haven't fiddled yet.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

AFAIK the router allows two simultaneous telnet session, but if telnet is not exited correctly then they remain open. That's assuming the timeout has been set to infinite.
If this happens, when you try to connect the command prompt will tell you there's two open connections and offer to close one.
Anotherone
Champion

Indeed it does seem to allow two Telnet sessions, as I discovered yesterday. And with further experiments today I discovered it doesn't matter if it's the same user or 2 different users logging in to telnet. You can also have a GUI session at the same time (as yet another user if you really wanted!).
I've also discovered a few other querks about users. Apart from the fact that you can add more users via the GUI, I missed the Change Password option. Now if you try changing the password of the user that you are logged in as, you get that option but in one instance it prompted me to confirm the user I was changing the password for, and it didn't give me the option of the one I was changing or logged in as! Haven't yet managed to repeat that though.
Also when you add a new user, it automatically gives the password as the username!
I know I'm not the only one caught out by that!
If you try changing the password of another user, you can only Reset it, and it defaults to the username.
Edit: All users referred above had  Administrator privileges, you can choose different privileges if you want.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

I don't have a 582n, but does it not have an administrative user with full access which allows the creation of "non-administrative" users? The latter type only able to change their own settings, unlike the former.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Anotherone
Champion

Yes, and perhaps I should have added my comments were for all users with Administrator privileges. (post edited).
npr
Pro

I've notice with the plusnet supplied router you can not create a user account with privileges higher than "Administrator"
The O2 supplied tg582n came with a "SuperUser" account and, with a few tricks,  it is possible to add a "root" account.
Not a problem, just puzzled.
Anotherone
Champion

The choices are Administrator, LAN_Admin, PowerUser, User, WAN_Admin.
npr
Pro

The inaccessible ones are:
root, SuperUser, TechnicalSupport, WebsevUser
Cheesy
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Sorry to spot this one late, but this same question was answered some time ago:
Quote from: MisterW
also you can take the dsl link down and up with
xdsl config status=down
xdsl config status=up

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)