cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n router driver

tonyvo

TG582n router driver

my router happily connects to my 10 year old laptop via the ethernet cable, and to my kndle.
However my brand new pc, running 32bit Windows 7 refuses to connect properly., any attempt to connect results in a 651 error message [modem reports an error].
Digging around brings up a 'no driver' message, so somehow I need to download a driver.
Anyone with any suggestions before I get on the phone and wait for Plusnet to answer?
Ta
9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: TG582n router driver

It looks as though the message is coming from your Wireless Card that you are using to try and connect wirelessly. It's likely that the Wireless Card doesn't have drivers installed. If you go to:
Start >> Control Panel >> Network and Sharing Centre >> Change adapter settings >> Right click on 'Wireless Network' >> Click on 'Properties' >> Click on the 'Drivers' tab >> Click on the 'Update' button.
Windows 7 should pull the latest updates for your Wireless Card.
tonyvo

for some reason when I click on 'change adapter settings' I go to 'network connects '  with just the broad band connection rather than what you have put.  Huh
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's quite difficult to tell what happens there!
Would you be able to provide a screenshot and add it to this thread?
tonyvo

no. I'm  on my old laptop to connect to you and working on the windows 7 machine alongside, with no connection between them! I'm also quite new so taking ascreenshot might be harder than you think!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah - sorry, I should have thought of that!
Do you definitely have a Wireless Card installed?
tonyvo

just been in the troubleshooter. seems that I have no network adapter. not sure about a wireless card. Not sure I need one if I'm using the ethernet cable?
tonyvo

update: it would appear that I need to download/install driver software for the Ethernet controller, SM Bus Controller, and PCI device
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's right - you might need to visit the manufacturers website to download this.
tonyvo

dropped them a message. In the meantime does anyone have any alternative sites where can obtain drivers?