cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n firmware 8.4.4.J bug causing a disconnect?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

TG582n firmware 8.4.4.J bug causing a disconnect?

I just lost connection and got Disconnected because idle timeout reached as a error message from Home > Broadband Connection > Internet Services > Internet, which wasn't in the event log.
As far as I can see there is no idle timeout function on this routers firmware and Connection Mode: Always-On is and was showing in the connection details, so is this an option that is in the unlocked firmware options we can't see and it activates at times or what?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: TG582n firmware 8.4.4.J bug causing a disconnect?

Hi Gus,
It's not anything that needs unlocking on the router. I've had a look at your line and everything appears fine.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I'm wondering if its a hidden router option not enabled in your version that is triggering and in turn causing a lost connection.  That error message did not appear in the event logs but only on the screen attached.  So as the router with the current firmware has no setting for idle timeout, why did it give that error message, bugged firmware or?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

There is an 'on-demand', rather than 'always-on' setting but it would need unlocking via telnet. You can't enable/tinker with the idle timeout value unless the router's configured as 'on-demand'. Either the error message is misleading or it's some other idle timeout that's being referred to. Perhaps whilst waiting for an LCP response when reconnecting or something similar?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵