cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n connection stats, from the router or remotely from PN?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

TG582n connection stats, from the router or remotely from PN?

I've been looking at my router stats and noticed that Data Transferred is showing 0.7 gig upload and 1.9 down.  But I downloaded a game off steam yesterday which was 6gig in size.  Now my billing/usage reset last night so does the router use the VUM remotely or does it record its self?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: TG582n connection stats, from the router or remotely from PN?

I don't know what VUM stands for, but I do not believe routers are capable of fetching usage information from Plusnet.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Should have been VMU view my usage, typo considering the time of night.  But still it reports 1.9gig this morning as downloaded, which is completely wrong as I downloaded another from steam last night.  So not to take the stats as accurate going by this
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

VMBU in the Member Centre reports the total usage passed to Plusnet by BT Wholesale. That is the figure the monthly allowance is checked against. Your router works out its own value - it has no means of getting the information from your Plusnet account, and no concept of billing periods. The router value is usually completely wrong.
For administrative reasons VMBU usually shows the previous month's total usage (charged plus non-charged) in the overnight (non-charged) slot until billing reset occurs sometime during the morning. This avoids any over-allowance restrictions continuing into the new billing period.
David