cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n and Torrents

mitch0

TG582n and Torrents

Do you manually need to set up port forwarding in order to use torrents with this router?
I'm using uTorrent which uses UPnP port mapping, which is supposedly enabled on the router, but I am unable to get speeds above a few kB/s.
Any help would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Bjn
Grafter

Re: TG582n and Torrents

I've no problems with uTorrent program with the supplied Plusnet router (techicolor) with UPnP enabled. Maybe worth checking your setting in uTorrent as I find if you set global upload to max at 5kb/s this can improve your download speed. and maybe try increasing the number of Global max connections and max connections per torrent. Playing around with these setting will not harm your PC but may increase your download speeds. All these setting s can be found under the connection tab in uTorrent settings.
Mind it depends on which torrent you connect as I find they can run anywhere between a few hundred kb/s to my full line download at about a download speed of 6Mb. Also remember if you download multiple torrents the total of all torrents can't exceed you max line speed. .
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Check that UPnP is actually enabled. Login to the modem/router and select Toolbox - under Game & Application Sharing it should say UPnP Enabled. If not, select Game & Application Sharing and select Configure on the top RHS then put a tick in the Use UPnP box.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Do you manually need to set up port forwarding in order to use torrents with this router?

No you shouldn't need to for that to work. Give Jelv's suggestion a try if that's a problem for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Bjn and myself haven't changed our names  Lips_are_sealed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Give Jelv's suggestion a try if that's a problem for you.

Huh
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'll just have to start calling you both the brightsparks with blue avatars then Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team