cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n - Firmare? (to fix connection issues)

fred4

TG582n - Firmare? (to fix connection issues)

Hi,
I have had issues with two Windows 7 machines connecting to the TG582n router.
They will connect, ask for the key, login (as it were) and then never get a DHCP address.
Setting a manual IP doesn’t work and neither does the Microsoft KB for the BcastFlagToggle thing.
On the laptop I reinstalled windows and it fixed it, but I don’t really want to do that for the PC.
Given I have connected to many networks in the past (at least 15 on the laptop) it points to the router doing something dodgy.
Is there a firmware update for this thing?
Mine is currently 8.4.4.J
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: TG582n - Firmare? (to fix connection issues)

Logically, if re-installing Windows fixed the problem then it's NOT the router.
fred4

I would agree, but the laptop is used for business and I visit many palces and use their wifi without issues.
It could be this router is very specific to a certain thing in Windows and starting with a clean slate allowed it to work.
Either way though, this router is heavily outnumbered by ones that worked instantly and without fault.
On our iPad it stopped working after a day and I had to tell it to forget the network then add it again. Not a big deal as its been ok since, but again says this router, certianly in its current config is far from perfect.
brueton
Grafter

The latest firmware for the TG582n that I know of is: 10.2.0.B
See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106578.0.html
Pete
fred4

Can anybody from PN answer this please?
Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There's no new official firmware for the 582n, AFAIK it's still the same firmware as we've been supplying for a while.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
fred4

Ok, thanks.
At least I can cross that off the list of possible solutions.
BRABUS
Grafter

Have you tried removing the network card via the control panel and rebooting.  This will sometimes fix this issue when you reboot.  Worth a try and only takes 5 minutes.
fred4

Yeah I tried that.
As a last resort I'm going to go get a new wireless card. Mine isnt N anyway so if it doesn't fix it, I will justify it to myself as an 'upgrade'  Smiley
After that its a Windows re-install, but something is dodgy making me resort to this on two known good machines.
machare
Rising Star

I have a Plusnet  582n connected to various devices including my Win 7 desktop PC which uses a fixed IP address and my Win 7 laptop which uses DHCP. All works fine.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Have a different router but experienced a similar problem with one of the desktop PCs. In the end I disconnected the USB dongle,uninstalled all software drivers associated with the Linksys unit - then let Windows reinstall - now don't get the random disconnections any more - assume something was corrupt in the adapter s/ware
taras
Grafter

Hi fred4,
Have you checked for any updated drivers for your windows 7 machines. Reinstalling w7 and then wireless is working, is inductive of driver, settings, windows update or lastly windows settings issues.
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi fred4,
I have just sent you a private message.  Let me know if this helps.  Smiley