cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n FTTC - cannot assign new application to a local network device.

skyflyer

TG582n FTTC - cannot assign new application to a local network device.

In order to try and set up port forwarding (another whole topic, I know) I have created a device (securitycam) which is an IP camera plugged directly into ethernet port 3 in the router and having had an internal IP address of 192.168.1.72 assigned to it, I ticked the box to 'Always use this IP address'.
I then created a New Application that I called Security to port forward ports 85, 9000 and 18004 ( as per camera instructions).
However if I try to assign this application to the device, nothing happens; if however I assign one of the pre-loaded applications (eg AIM talk) then it DOES assign OK. So I thought I'd be clever and edit the settings for AIMtalk to map the ports I wanted but if I do that It forces me to save it under a new name, and whatever naim I choose it wont permit me to assign it to the device.
I cannot even start to try and achieve port forwarding without the ability to ad the port map to the device!
Any ideas?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
tinytim

Re: TG582n FTTC - cannot assign new application to a local network device.

ever thought about putting it inside the DMZ ?
i also use ipcam and it works great for my application.
tim
skyflyer

I'm afraid you've just gone a step beyond my knowledge level! I don't even know what a DMZ is let alone how to set it up. Any links you can post to set me in the right direction?
bradw
Grafter

http://192.168.1.254/dmz.lp?be=0&l0=3&l1=6 (or Toolbox > Game & Application Sharing > Assign the DMZ to a local network device)
Put in IP address of your device and click Enable
It's basically equivalent to forwarding all ports to your device - use with caution.