cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n, FTTC and mediatomb *ANNOYING*

luutjamie

TG582n, FTTC and mediatomb *ANNOYING*

Hi All,
I recently signed up for FTTC with PN and received a Technicolor TG582n router. I'm having an annoying issue with my mediatomb uPNP server on my ubuntu box - I cannot see it from any uPNP client. The ubuntu box is on the LAN and runs no firewall. I want to view mediatomb content on a PS3 whch is also on the LAN, however it will not detect the mediatomb server
I've tried the following command on the routers telnet interface but it has made no difference:
:eth bridge igmpsnooping config brname=bridge state=disabled
I've tried enabling/disabling upnp in the "Game & Application" menu of the TG582n webgui. Nothing works.
If anyone has experience with this problem I would be glad to hear from them.
Best Regards,
James
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: TG582n, FTTC and mediatomb *ANNOYING*

Have you tried disabling the onboard UPnp media server ?
Home->ToolBox->Content Sharing and then Configure

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

luutjamie

Yes - tried it - it didn't work Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've had mediatomb running on a Ubuntu box on my internal network using a 582n, you really shouldn't need to change anything in the router for this (or at least I didn't). Because it's on the LAN side no ports need forwarding.
I've switched to PS3 media server now which I'm finding much more reliable than mediatomb.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
luutjamie

Chris,
Many thanks for the heads-up on PS3 Media Server. Never seen it before. Anyhow mediatomb dumped; PS3 Media Server installed; working nicely with my PS3.
Best Regards,
James