cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n FTTC Issue

Wulfy
Grafter

TG582n FTTC Issue

This is the second evening where everything wifi locks up well locks up in the sense no web pages load all communications within the wifi network just sitting there spinning there wheels, even the routers interface page just refuses to load.
Now there was no abnormal load on the system basic web browsing(wifi) nowtv (hard wired) and dc universe (hard wired) so im at a loss why this is going on, I dont want to be in a situation where this becomes a regular occurrence and having to switch to my backup dlink 615 just to maintain a stable network.
Plusnet what id like to know is how do i a) go about returning this router to you as it is not suitable for the task of performing basic networking tasks and any mention of the 40 fee removed (ive only been here since the 9th speeds are fine over all but its simple a waste of electricity)
It looks like i may be having to source something a bit more capable of doing the basics.
Ps during this post yet again ALL wifi traffic snarled to a crawl yet again
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: TG582n FTTC Issue

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the router Wulfy. It sounds like there might be an issue with yours unfortunately. Have you tried a factory reset or perhaps changing to a manually set wireless channel to see if that alleviates the problem?
Let us know if that doesn't help and we could then look for replacing it for you as it sounds like a fault and not the type of performance we'd expect anyone to live with.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wulfy
Grafter

Hi,
I scanned the area and altered the wireless channel to quiet channel (9 i think) regarding resetting it no i havent go ahead and done that yet im wondering if the v10 software would be wise to apply to it as well
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'd try a factory reset and if you're still having issues you can upgrade the firmware here or we can do this remotely.