cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n FTTC Configuration for Server 2012 Domain

wrath

TG582n FTTC Configuration for Server 2012 Domain

Hello all,
I am looking for a little bit of advice in configuring this 'wonderful' router.
I have just got my hands on a server for home use. I have installed Server 2012 R2 and would like to create my own windows domain for a lab environment.
Currently, the router is in a pretty default state. However I would like:
- A new range for my domain (say 192.168.2.x)
- DC to provide DHCP and DNS for this subnet.
- Connectivity to the internet for devices in this subnet.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
3 REPLIES 3
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: TG582n FTTC Configuration for Server 2012 Domain

hi
Good luck with your home lab. Turn off dhcp on the router and configure the server with your DHCP range (add dhcp role and dns role), then configure these roles to your specification/requirements.
Ian
dragon2611
Grafter

You'll also either need another router or to put the Lan side of the TG582n on 192.168.2.xxx so that it can talk to the new network.
I think it does support multiple IP's addresses on it's interfaces so you could still keep 192.168.1.xxxx.
Actually I think if you really want to dive into it's CLI you can probably even split off one of the ports and map it to the other Lan allowing you to firewall between them, but it's not particularly easy to do.
I've played around with the CLI in these boxes before, it's surprisingly powerful for a SOHO router given away by an ISP.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: dragon2611

Actually I think if you really want to dive into it's CLI you can probably even split off one of the ports and map it to the other Lan allowing you to firewall between them, but it's not particularly easy to do.

It's not that hard to do Wink
http://npr.me.uk/basicdmz.html