cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD-W8968 Router problem after losing broadband

vtr1000
Dabbler

Re: TD-W8968 Router problem after losing broadband

Thanks for replies, been messing with it, back on plusnet router now, that connected straight away, will have another go later, too confused at the moment Embarrassed
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

A word of advice for you, don't do any more reboots or anything that involves loss of sync today. You may bring DLM into play banding you or raising the Target SNRM.
As you are on the 582n can you post the TG582n Full DSL stats & I'll be able to comment more on that.
Fifer
Grafter

If you do go back to the TD -8968 this is what the Setup guide says , I don't know if you still have the Quick Setup Wizard.
This is from the TD-W8968 setup guide.
The WLAN function is enabled by default.  It is strongly recommended to change the Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Wireless Network Key for network security.
Keep other settings by default, then click Next.  (The default wireless network  key, the same as the PIN code, is printed on the bottom label.)

When you click NEXT this opens up the settings for extra security.  WPA, WPA2 etc.
The SSID is on the basic settings page.
vtr1000
Dabbler

Physical Connectivity OK
DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 0:03:21
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,276 / 20,672
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 290.49 / 129.49
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.6 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 14.0 / 25.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6.0 / 3.0
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 1,300
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 1
HE          not sure if this is what you want to see?
vtr1000
Dabbler

Broadband Connectivity (83130) - Update, it says some people are still having problems, am i one of them? no point ringing them as there is an hours wait, not looking good P/N .
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You are connected, so no, you aren't one of them. If you still need guidance on your wireless setup, wait until the queue is very small or wait for more help here when you are ready to deal with it / not confused
As far as your connection goes you seem to have an excellent connection there, but as I commented earlier considering what you've already done today, I'd advise not doing anything further today that involves loss of sync with the exchange.
You should still be able to tinker with your TD-W8968 offline to setup the wireless.
Leave the TG582n plugged into the line and turned on and just unplug the ethernet connection of your computer from it and plug it into the TD-W8968.which you can power up, then reboot your computer. Play with the settings and when you've finished, unplug the computer from it and reconnect to the TG582n. Reboot your computer which should then connect back to the TG582n and the Internet.
When you are ready to swap use the following Disconnect method -
Log in to the Modem/Router, in the Internet box, click Disconnect to drop the PPP Internet session (this is not the sync), wait about a minute and then power down the Modem/Router. After about another minute you can unplug it from the line.
Swap connections, but stay offline for at least 10 minutes. When you re-connect and power up, Login to the Modem/Router and click Connect to establish a new PPP session if that is needed on the TD-W8968.
Don't do these sort of changes more than 5 times in an hour, then leave it for the rest of the day. This method is to help stop the Exchange DLM from thinking your sync loss was a dropped connection.
If you have a modem/router that doesn't have an interface for you to drop the PPP session, then pull the power plug and wait a minute or two before unplugging from the line.
vtr1000
Dabbler

Ok, thanks very much for your help, i know i'm hard work Grin just to add that it's now come on, i didn't do anything, got a head ache with all the messing around Cry
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi vtr1000,
I'm glad to hear that your service returned after the service outage however apologies for the drop in service as well as the issues you mentioned regarding the wireless.
With regards to your last post, I'm unsure if you're relating to the wireless connection "coming back on" or if this is a response in relation to the connection as a whole so can you confirm if you're still seeing wireless issues and require any further help?
vtr1000
Dabbler

Thanks adam for your reply,the router is now fine, my own router that is, the problem is when the service goes down i think it's something to do with my setup, and consequently i start checking my system, thinking it's my end, this is the second time my service has gone down in the last two months, not for a short time but hours on end, i have only been with PN for a few months Angry  when this situation occurs i expect to be able to speak to PN, i have never waited hours on the phone to an ISP before, also i know the broadband is inexpensive but some compensation should be offered for the interrupted service, a 12 month contract seems long enough for me.
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi vtr1000
I'm glad to hear that everything is now back up and working
In regards to the call wait times, I believe that due to the problem we encountered over the weekend, this resulted in our call wait times increasing significantly. This was due to a large number of our customers calling in due to their loss in connection.
I can assure you however that we always aim to keep the wait times to a minimum
Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience that you encountered
Regards
Matt