cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync drops when phone rings (subject was "Is this a record?)

Bud
Grafter

Re: Sync drops when phone rings (subject was "Is this a record?)

I think I have the same issue!  I have noticed that when someone phones in even with no telephones connected to the phone line, errors occur.  I have been having issues with sync speed dropping when its a SE wind combined with rain but I guess when that's the case the errors are enough to alter the SNR and sync?
James
Grafter

Completely untrue John.
I stated that there was no point complaining about something that happened awhile back. Which is true, because it won't achieve anything. I'm not going to waste my time harassing Wholesale/Openreach (which I do on a regular basis - ask the senior managers within HLE and DSO) for something which is a complete waste of time.
SuperZoom
Grafter

Quote from: James
Complaining about this realistically isn't going to achieve anything.

Quote from: jelv
Well it has confirmed something for me: Plusnet being part of the BT Group are far less likely to kick up a fuss with their "suppliers" than other ISPs such as AAISP.
[...]
The email from Shaun was sent back to me 13 minutes after I sent the enquiry. They obviously knew about this issue from their far more detailed/persistent investigations in the past - Plusnet only found out it was only Max Premium that was affected when I told you!

It's a topsy-turvy world where a Complaints Manager states that complaining is futile (commendably honest though that is), and a competitor competing on acknowledged all-round excellence just isn't enough to win a customer!    Crazy
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've just had cause to seek out this topic again.

@SuperZoom

and a competitor competing on acknowledged all-round excellence just isn't enough to win a customer!    Crazy

Ah, but they did win a new customer as a result - it just took some time!

See my why I left post.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)