cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Speed Dropped

MwEmpire
Grafter

Sync Speed Dropped

Hi, all has been well for a while but i have noticed my sync speed has dropped from 70Mb to 63Mb,  why does it change ? i thought fibre  stayed more constant. Any help would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Sync Speed Dropped

Hi there,
The last resync you had you synced at a lower speed, this was on the 11th June at 7.14pm. Your line profile is still set to 80Mb/s.
It might be worth doing a soft disconnect and reboot of your modem during daytime hours to see if your sync rate increases.
MwEmpire
Grafter

Thanks i will give it a try, thanks.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Im having the same issues except now i have overheating issue with the openreach modem .
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi James,
I've dropped you a reply in this thread you started.
MwEmpire
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi there,
The last resync you had you synced at a lower speed, this was on the 11th June at 7.14pm. Your line profile is still set to 80Mb/s.
It might be worth doing a soft disconnect and reboot of your modem during daytime hours to see if your sync rate increases.

Hi Chris, i have tried a reboot of the Modem and my Sync rate has got worse its now 63Mb/s how can i get it to 80Mb/s ?
Any help would be appreciated.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
It's rare that anyone would get 80mb exactly (think of that as a maximum possible speed of the technology). Tests are showing a sync speed of 77.5mb at the moment so we'd expect speeds approximate to that.
If it's still as low as 63mb I'd urge you to raise a fault: http://faults.plus.net
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team