cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Unlimited

markrach
Grafter

Switching to Unlimited

Its probably been asked before but as i'm on pro and all traffic is gold , if i was to switch to the new unlimited product would the traffic also be gold ?
Also i clicked the change product button in my account and it will not let me select this product either says something about downgraded in the last 30 days ? not that iu know off  , if the traffic is gold to games i will switch on a few points , 1 my line only has a 2500 profile anyway so not really loosing out much and 2 is that i always go over my 15gb to the point of a £30 bill each month  .
34 REPLIES 34
James
Grafter

Re: Switching to Unlimited

Hi Mark,
We can override the account change if you would like us to.
There's a rule on BBYW which means you can only change product type once every 30 days which is causing you to get that error.
Unlimited has gaming traffic in Titanium, just like your Pro product.
markrach
Grafter

Thanks jameseh
Reading a few posts this will be a renewed 12month contract ? or an 18month (thats a little to much for me)
Also i know you have answered many questions before i'm to lazy to read through a 70+ page post  :-[, what are these discounts depending on what exchange you are on ?
Being as my payment date is 28th bill due soon could you please override when you have time
Mark
James
Grafter

You can have a 12 month contract as an existing customer.
Check on http://www.samknows.com - If you exchange is Market 3, then it would be £11.99 for the first three months and £15.99 after, otherwise it would be £11.99 for three months and then £19.99.
markrach
Grafter

Thnx Jameseh , its market 3 i think due to the large amount of LLU suppliers (hope i', correct) Milton Keynes SMBT , if this is correct could you please switch me over  Wink
markrach
Grafter

Jameseh , will this be done tomorrow (being as its billing date) or will i have to wait
James
Grafter

Mark,
We can move you onto a 12 month contract once your account change occurs (on your billing date).
markrach
Grafter

I have just changed to the unlimited through my account but it says my product change will not happen intill 28th March Sad ... Could we have this changed now please
James
Grafter

Hi Mark,
Looking at your account, this appears to have already been picked up.
Keithkkl
Grafter

I am considering a move to unlimited
But if I were to change now would I have to wait until the 28th March or would it be done instantly
James
Grafter

Hi Keith,
Ideally it would be on the 28th, given that's your next billing date.
SILVAF0XX

I was also considering moving to the unlimited package from the Pro... is it set in stone that we have to wait 'til the end of the month, or is there a workaround?
I only noticed that you had released the unlimited package today, and considering I went rather close to my 15gb limit last month, I would like the peace of mind that unlimited would bring.  I didn't even think I used that much in a month !!
I considered downloading a film off Xbox live last night, but at 4.7gb it would have been devestating to my monthly limit!!!
Any help would be appreciated,
Rich.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Ideally, it would be done on the actually billing date, because of some potential system issues with discounts and pro rata fees.  However, given your billing date has literally just passed, I won't mind pushing it through for you if that's what you want doing.
SILVAF0XX

My only concern would be a reduction in performance on Xbox live... I had a terrible experience when I was with Orange Broadband, and now that everything is working correctly with you guys(cant fault the service) I do feel reluctant to change.
I don't do any heavy downloading except for DLC and other quite bulky files off the XBL service, although as I said I did nearly break my 15gb limit last month which was a bit of a surprise.
If you think that gaming wont be affected, then I would like to switch... I'm guessing this will need to be a 12 month contract?
What happens if I have problems and need to move back?Huh
Could I just remain on the 12 month contract but revert back to the Pro package?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
A few things.
- You can revert back to your previous package if you encounter problems within your first month.
- It is a 12 month contract.
- Gaming speeds should be the same, but Marketplace downloads are limited during various parts of the day.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml#unlimitedspeeds
XBOX Live Marketplace is treated as Download Servers in the list on the link I've put above.