cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Extra 60Gb to unlimited.

Azagoth
Grafter

Switching from Extra 60Gb to unlimited.

If I switch to unlimited from my current package (Extra with the 60Gb) what, if any, fees will I incur?  I'm guessing that I won't have to pay the £25 activation fee as I'm already a customer, but are there any others that I can't see or do I just go and change package from my account page and that's it?
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Switching from Extra 60Gb to unlimited.

No cost at all but you will start a new 12 month contract if you don't pick the more expensive "no contract" option
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I was thinking of this, usualy when a product refresh comes along its worht switching to the newer deals, however at the moment the prices are as follows:
Plusnet Extra (60GB)  £17.99 per month
Plusnet unlimited £19.49 per month
So for a like for like swap, ie a 1 month contact you will pay £1.50 per month more.
if you sign up for 12 months you will pay £16.99 per month which will save £1 per month but will tie you into a 12 month deal.
From what i understand Talk talk only charge £6.50 for their broadband/ADSL element.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That is because you are on Market 1
Azagoth
Grafter

My Extra (60Gb) is only £10.99 (£10.49 with referral discount) due to me being in a low cost 'Market 3' area, so the Unlimited will be a quid cheaper at £9.99.   The 12 month contract isn't a problem in the slightest, I've been perfectly happy with Plusnet and don't have any thought about quitting them.  Guess I'll switch it over in a few weeks, when it's closer to my billing date.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

the switch happens on your billing date regardless of when you initiate it
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Oldjim
That is because you are on Market 1

Not according to the offcom definitions im not - from samknows
Market 1
This exchange has BT Wholesale as the sole provider of broadband services.

and
ADSL: Yes
SDSL:  No
LLU services: Yes
Cable: No
Wireless: No

The LLU option is talk talk, so by offcoms own definitions it should be market 2, yet offcom dont seem to know their own definitions.
I know plusnet are tied by offcom, but why isnt there more pressure being applied to the correct places.
as it stands the likes of Talk talk can piss all over plusnets prices, due to the complete failiure that is offcoms market definitions.
Three things should happen
1: ISPs using the BT network should apply a huge amount of presure to offcdom to get their finger out from their proverbial
2: the whole market review process sould be dynamic and reflect changes as and whe they occur, not just ever three of four years or so
3: Or LLu providers setting up in a market 1 exchange should face the same price controls as those using BT wholesale until offcom change the market definition.
The whole market system as it is isant competitive against the ISPs as it doesnt allow them to compete of a level playing field, and against the best interests of consumers as they are firced to pay more than they should.
and there was me thinking that offcom were supposed to encourage competition in the market place and look out for the consumer.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You are on Market 1 until OFCOM say otherwise
If you want to continue discussing this I suggest here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113554.
As the original question has been answered I am locking this thread