cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Unlimited Fibre today - no change in download speed

sarahjmack01
Dabbler

Switched to Unlimited Fibre today - no change in download speed

My transfer from Value Fibre to Unlimited Fibre completed today (received an email this morning to say it has been completed)
When I got home from work this evening, I thought I would check to see how much faster unlimited is and was disappointed that the speeds were roughly the same as when I was on the value package  Cry
The BTW test shows 36 down/13 up but my account shows estimated 75 down.  Screenshots attached.
The BTW test does say the following
"Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information."
I did re-run the test but it showed the same message.
Is this just a temporary glitch? If it isn't can I revert back to value fibre since the speeds are no different (I'll just have to stay up late to take advantage of the free usage after midnight lol).
PS - wifi was off when I was performing the tests  Smiley
12 REPLIES 12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Switched to Unlimited Fibre today - no change in download speed

You may need a profile nudge...something for the DC guys to look at tomorrow.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
IvanC86
Grafter

At least yours is fast, Ive just had fibre put on like you I went for unlimited and im getting 3MBPS download and 4MBPS upload. on ADSL broadband I got the same so its no faster even though ive gone from normal broadband to unlimited fibre!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@sarahjmack01 I've just checked and you're definitely on 80/20 with a profile of 72400, what speeds does a BT speed test show? http://speedtester.btwholesale.com
@IvanC86 Likewise for yourself, the profile is showing at over 60Mb, if you're not seeing that please post speedtest results from the above link as well and we'll be able to advise.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

IvanC86 please stick to your topic here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122480
Spreading it around makes diagnosis harder.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
IvanC86
Grafter

sorry Strat, was empathyzing with sarahjmack01.  Smiley
sarahjmack01
Dabbler

Hi Matt
I attached a screenshot of the BT speed test to my opening post - it was showing 36 down and 13 up but didn't give any further information except an error occurred during the test and to re-do it.  I did it twice last night with the same results - but I will try again tonight when I get home from work  Smiley
Regards
cajef
Grafter

I had the same problem when I was initially connected to fibre, a router reboot cured the problem.
Melancholie
Grafter

Are you testing via wireless?
sarahjmack01
Dabbler

Just home and ran the BTW test again (wired, not wireless) and the results are attached.  Just noticed the ping latency is higher than it was yesterday (it was only 20, now it's 43).
The speeds are still the same - well, the upload speed has increased slightly lol.
sarahjmack01
Dabbler

Rebooted by router as suggested by Hobo and the upload speed has increased dramatically  Cheesy - screenshot attached.
Thank you Hobo for the suggestion Smiley
And thank you to everyone else as well  Kiss
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's much more like it Smiley really glad it's improved, and thanks for letting us know.
cajef
Grafter

Quote from: sarahjmack01
Thank you Hobo for the suggestion Smiley

Always happy to help a damsel in distress. Grin
Pleased it worked for you. Smiley