Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Plusnet - not a good start

iratnl
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Switched to Plusnet - not a good start

I switched my phone rental and broadband from BT to Plusnet, and the switch was due to take place today. My BT phone and broadband stopped working this morning, then I got an email from Plusnet saying my phone was now active (and it is). Problem is, the broadband has not been activated, and there appears to be no way to contact anyone at Plusnet. The chat app does not seem to work, and no-one ever answers the phone (I have tried numerous times). I'm beginning to see why it is cheaper than BT. Have I made a big mistake in (trying) to switch? If the broadband is activated later today, it won't be so bad, but not being able to contact anyone at Plusnet is pretty poor customer service in my book Sad

3 REPLIES 3
Laura129
Hooked

Re: Switched to Plusnet - not a good start

I'm in a similar situation, been waiting for activation of my broadband for almost a month now. Customer service has also been terrible, really wish i stayed with Sky now.
iratnl
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I finally managed to get through on the phone. When I asked when my broadband would be activated, they just said 'Oh, it looks like the engineer has switched you over, we just need to activate here' - which they did in 5 seconds flat! Not sure why it wasn't done earlier, but hey, it's all good now Smiley

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

That's great new @iratnl,

If there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help with any queries you may have.

Hi @Laura129,

I'm really sorry to read about your delay and have done a bit of digging.

You can find your update here

I can see you discussed the delay with my colleague who has advised this needs chasing up for further updates regarding your engineer.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.