cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from Zen to Plusnet - Massive drop in sync speed.

bartekboski
Dabbler

Re: Switched from Zen to Plusnet - Massive drop in sync speed.

@LaurenB just responded to the ticket. Can you advise ASAP.

bartekboski
Dabbler

Thanks @MisterW I was using PlusNet's supplied one which was even syncing at lower speeds - using old Zen's one (Fritz 3490 - which BTW besides the design is a great piece of kit Smiley and this is syncing at sub 60 down. Really crossed with myself that I decided to make the switch more so that PlusNet are now wanting to send engineer out but require me to sign T&Cs confirming I might be liable for £65.00 charge if no fault is found...Bad decision and regretting it already.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

One of the problems when changing ISP's is that the DLM is reset and removes any optimisation that may well have been applied previously to your connection. After initial connection there's a period where specific parameters are enabled and disabled on your line, like G.inp and target noise margin reduction. It may well be that some of these changes were applied to your previous Zen connection and thus improved the speed. Eventually these parameters will be adjusted on the new connection but they may take some time to get back to the previous settings.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @bartekboski,

I have replied to the ticket on your account with regards to the engineer visit and the terms of the appointment. You can access and reply to it here.

Once you have replied to the ticket, please reply on here so we can pick it up as soon as possible for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
bartekboski
Dabbler

Hi there @Jubby I have accidentally closed the ticket - can it be re-opened? The issue is obviously far from resolved and I need to add some comments. Regards,

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @bartekboski, I've re-opened the ticket for you. I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet