Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Date yesterday.....so confused

AdamClytn
Dabbler

Switch Date yesterday.....so confused

Hi
Our phone line switched over yesterday, got issued a new number (which we had no problems with). The new number worked fine lastnight.
Today I received an email stating broadband should be activated and our 'new' number should be in full use. The only problem is, is that the new number you quoted was infact in our old number that we had to switch from.
As of this morning, the new number would ring through yet our phones would not ring. After receiving the email I tried our old number and now that is working again 😕
Also the broadband still seems to be coming from sky as well and doesn't look as though it has switched.
Rather confused to say the least.
Thanks
Adam
4 REPLIES 4
Apprentice
Grafter

Re: Switch Date yesterday.....so confused

Try phoning 17070, you might hear this from an automated voice:-  "circuit is defined as 01234 567 890" i.e. a telephone number.
Let us know what you hear (don't post the actual number)

AdamClytn
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for the reply, It is stating my old number.
This is beyond confusing as I was told categorically I could not keep my old number, and for 24 hours my line was on a new number (which still rings out by the way). 
Apprentice
Grafter

If you look in the Member Centre and can see as per the attachment you will know the phone is with Plusnet, if you check the usage in the tab "View My Usage" for the BB connection and there is some recorded then the BB too is with Plusnet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Adam,
Your phone line is now active and from what I can see we've kept your number for you. Your broadband is also showing as active, are you able to connect your router up that we supplied and try to connect it?