Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension of Account - Help!

salts
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Suspension of Account - Help!

Hi,
I was under the mistaken impression, that when I cancelled my Broadband subscription, my account would fall back to a basic dial up account (with no cccgi, lower quotas, etc.).
I am in the process of moving house, and am likely to find myself at a number of different addresses over the next 12 months, under BT/Plusnet, this will cost me £70 per move - hence I reluctantly subscribed to Virgin for 12months until my permanent residence is established.
I was hoping that I could maintain my Plusnet webmail account for the 12 months then re-subscribe to Plusnet for broadband again?
However it appears that my account is currently being systematically deleted, is this a new policy?
Is it possible to keep my email available for the next 12 months, so I don't loose all my stored mail?
Thanks in advance,
Paul
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Suspension of Account - Help!

Hi Paul,
It looks like we're cancelling your account, which I guess is what you would have requested.
Have you moved house already?  On other words, do you still need the broadband connection?
salts
Rising Star

Hi James,
Yes I moved house on the 14th, and the new owner obviously wanted to set up their own broadband, so had to cancel the connection.
I was hoping to keep the account in a minimal fashion for the next 12 months, for when I re-join Plusnet, is this possible?
I've got a heck of lot of email addresses to change otherwise!
Paul
James
Grafter

Hi Paul,
Leave it with me and I'll try and get it fixed for you.
salts
Rising Star

Thanks James.
James
Grafter

Sorry - Forgot to post back.  It should be fixed now.
salts
Rising Star

Many thanks, some mail bits and bobs got lost along the way, but I can rebuild those.
Cheers,
Paul