Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest trial of fixed Plusnet Profile

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Suggest trial of fixed Plusnet Profile

I would like to suggest that Plusnet trial a fixed download speed profile ("Current Line Speed") and volunteer myself for such a trial.  The purpose of the proposed trial is to avoid the continual need to request Plusnet lift one's profile (for those few of us Plusnet clients who are in the know about profiles).  To achieve this, one's profile would therefore be fixed at one's top 'score'.  I fully appreciate that under the wrong circumstances that would mean that one would not enjoy the benefits of Plusnet's clever traffic prioritization, but I have concluded that such circumstances rarely if ever arise for me, personally.  However I undertake to report any difficulties I encounter so the success or otherwise of the trial could be evaluated.     
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Suggest trial of fixed Plusnet Profile

We're looking at a number of different ways to fix the problem ranging from fixing the current iteration of the script (which we are doing), through to other ways of getting and updating the profiles. I'll pass on your feedback but I can't see us implementing this suggestion quickly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Suggest trial of fixed Plusnet Profile

No offence, Chris, but based on the time that has gone by whilst Plusnet have failed to find a solution to this particular problem, I cannot see Plusnet implementing this suggestion quickly either.