Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden substantial sync upped but.....

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Sudden substantial sync upped but.....

I rarely disconnect my router and when I do the sync has been commensurate with a profile of 4000/4500 However last night I disconnected and connected this morning. Surprisingly the down sync was 6080 and up 448. I am wondering what may be the cause of this uplift. Actual through put speeds taken earlier this evening were 4223 down 382 up, somewhat slower than I'd expect from 6080 sync, but this must be from the profile 4500. Should that now be uplifted too, and what may be happening to cause the unexpected sync uplift? Will it be permanent provided the router remains connected?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
3 REPLIES 3
samuria
Grafter

Re: Sudden substantial sync spped but.....

Join the club see my thread
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,65992.0.html

It doesnt seem to be the weather as it didnt go up last year and rain or sun my speed has stayed up for over a month now. Just put it down to the sun shines on the rightous
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Sudden substantial sync spped but.....

Thanks! Smiley I wish I'd noticed that. However it is considerably higher than seen before. Now just to hope that the BT profile gets updated and I don't lose sync or have mucking about with the noise margin.
OT but can anyone tell me, if there is a site giving predictions of sppeds after upcoming improvements (ADSL2 etc) based on one's current statistics?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Sudden substantial sync upped but.....

Hi,
@lucerne
Have a bit of an OT read here
With regard to incease in sync speed, it's usually best to re-sync in the morning (daylight) hours but can be very dependant on local conditions and especially if you have large changes in SNR. Have a read of samuria's thread mentioned above and monitor your SNRM a while. If you can hang on to your connection your profile should go up in 3 or 4 days.
@samuria
Nah, sun spots may be more likely than sun shine Grin (PS have you read the latest posts in your thread?).