cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck IP Profile

mot
Grafter

Stuck IP Profile

Seems after 82+ hours of sync at 13509kbps that my profile may be stuck at 10000kbps
Can you give it a kick for me - the BT one and the PN one please Smiley
15 REPLIES 15
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Stuck IP Profile

I think it's the lack of resyncs that means the profile on BTs side isn't updating (ours would follow suit after that). If you disconnect and reconnect the router once a day between 10am and 3pm the increased resync speeds should be picked up by the exchange kit and the profile should uplift within a couple of days.
mot
Grafter

is there a preferred way for me to resync so that the exchange doesn't perceive my resync as a fault?
I have a DG834GT with DGTeam FW..there's a plethora of options but which one do I go for Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well, just disconnecting and reconnecting via the router's interface doesn't actually resync. Unfortunately as well simply powering it off then on again looks like a disconnect due to a fault. So unfortunately the best way is to disconnect via the router's interface, then either power off the router or unplug it from the phone line, then power it back on/plug it back in as appropriate and then reconnect. I realise this is a bit of a pain but it is definitely the safest way.
mot
Grafter

Like the clever sole that I am, I thought I'd change my username to an incorrect one and then correct it to get a resync..seemed like a good plan, only I'm at work accessing my router remotely - DOH! No access until I get home now.
Would've preferred to resync this morning as that's obviously when best speeds are achieved.
There's not actually a disconnect option on the DG, that I know of.
I'll have a look for an alternative.
Cheers Matt
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If it's only once a day there shouldn't be any ill effects from either powering down or unplugging, so go with that. It's only if there's several within a short timeframe (about an hour I think?) that the DLM will assume a fault.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Oh Mot what are you thinking of?
if you disconnect your router from work, how do you thing you will be able to reconnect it?
never mind that you also changed you name, the only way when you get back home is to connect to the router with ethernet, you might have also broken your WiFi connection.
Never muck around with paswwords via WiFi, you can get very lumbered
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
If it's only once a day there shouldn't be any ill effects from either powering down or unplugging, so go with that. It's only if there's several within a short timeframe (about an hour I think?) that the DLM will assume a fault.

I think 10 reboots in an hour is the maximum but I wouldn't do more than two personally as with the higher attenuation on my line (down) the noise margin increases just after one reboot never mind two.
Someone (could have been PN Staff but can't be sure) suggested recently that a PPP disconnect followed swiftly by a reboot could fool the exchange, I tried it and the nm went up a bit but came back down again within 26 hours.
mot
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Oh Mot what are you thinking of?
if you disconnect your router from work, how do you thing you will be able to reconnect it?
never mind that you also changed you name, the only way when you get back home is to connect to the router with ethernet, you might have also broken your WiFi connection.
Never muck around with paswwords via WiFi, you can get very lumbered

haha, it was a stupid move - it was still early Wink
Powered down and back up when I got home, IP profile has now raised.
Thanks for you help guys Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear it, hope it keeps up that way Smiley
Let us know if not.
mot
Grafter

BT profile has raised but PN has not followed suit.
Should I give it a while?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just long enough for me to see this post and update it for you Wink
mot
Grafter

Much obliged Matt  Cheesy
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: mot
There's not actually a disconnect option on the DG, that I know of.

There is on my DG834: Diagnostics, Reboot!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Depends if that's with the DGTeam firmware though jelv - I can't advise as I've not played with it unfortunately, but that's what mot's router is running.