Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck IP Profile

Ronan
Dabbler

Stuck IP Profile

Hi All,
While my PN service is great (usually 6.5Mbps which is as good as it gets here) I have been having issues in the last few months.
For days, the symptoms are the same, I notice that my download speed is slow (around 1.83 max) while all else is great. I usually wait a few days before raising it in case it clears itself.
Speedtest.net shows a plateau at the speed as if I was throttled (see http://www.speedtest.net/result/2335536020.png) and the BT speed tester gives the below
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.69 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps
I have raised an issue like this in March (52836390), in September (60325567) and yesterday (62696207). Each time, I am told that all looks fine for my line until someone notice that my IP profile is stuck and gets it unstuck. In the meantime, it is a week of communication back and forth with the good people at PN asking me to do all the usual tests.
Is there a way for me to reset these IP profiles without raising a ticket and going through these discussions? Alternatively, is there anything I can do from my side to ensure that I do not get a stuck IP Profile, when, as far as I can see, all is well for 99% of the time.
Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Stuck IP Profile

Is there any prospect of your telephone exchange being upgraded to 21CN/ADSL2+?  This problem should go away when that happens.
In the meantime you will just have to try to cut to the chase with Plusnet and tell them outright that your BT IP Profile is stuck. 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The best thing to do would probably be to reset the SNR on the line and allow it to retrain, which will take around 10 days or so but should get you back to the 6Mb speed within a few hours. You'll need to make sure you don't disconnect too often though.
Please let us know if you'd like to go ahead with that?
Ronan
Dabbler

@Matt: yes please 🙂
@ReedRichards: Thanks! ADSL2+ would be great but my little corner of Hertfordshire seems forgotten. All exchanges around me have all been upgraded but mine is not in the plan at all (only 2500 residential and less than than 100 non-residential users). Oh well 🙂
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Ronan,
I've placed a SNR reset for you, this usually takes around 4 hours to complete, there is nothing you need to do from your side.
Let me know how you get on.
Chris
Ronan
Dabbler

Now back to fast! Whoo hoo!

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6.47 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

I'll know to ask for a SNR reset next time. Thanks again!