cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with BT and Openreach !

roblightbody
Dabbler

Re: Struggling with BT and Openreach !

After a run of a few good days, tonight its back to as bad as it was over 5 weeks ago.  Switchover to PlusNet only a few days away though, so I'm not going to attempt to speak to India again...
roblightbody
Dabbler

Now in self-imposed limbo land, waiting for my line to transfer on Wednesday, so that I can immediately raise a call with them about my crackly phone line!
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi,
I can feel your frustration!  I have BT infinity and I was 'guaranteed' full 76mb download speed not 'up to'
I received 75mb with PN but BT drastically reduced my speed!
As you can see in the speedtest.net test that I only get 55mb with fucking BT Infinity! 
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
roblightbody
Dabbler

Hi,
Thought id bring my story up to date rather than just disappearing once the problem is fixed...
A return visit from an Openreach engineer, found a faulty wire in my property, but before the Openreach box (i.e. their problem!).  Since then, the crackling has gone, and stability has returned to my line, and the ping time has dropped down to a good low number.
I'm currently waiting for plusnet to carry out another reset on my broadband, to try to get it back to where it used to be (70 rather than 50 megs) - I'm in a city centre, near to my cabinet, so don't think it unreasonable to expect this speed to return!
In the meantime, happy just to be permanently connected to the internet at a good speed.

I've found the ThinkBroadband quality monitor useful throughout this time, especially as it has allowed me to monitor my home connection, even when I'm at work.