cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strangely intermittent Broadband

Zantrop

Strangely intermittent Broadband

I've been suffering major broadband problems for the last few days. Reported to Plusnet 2 days ago, but nothing forthcoming from them.
The internet works sometimes, but then suddenly you try a web address and it grinds to a halt. THe router doesn't report anything wrong, and sometimes other websites work fine simultaneously. Initially I thought it was only when using wifi, but subsequent investigations proved otherwise.
I've tried a different wifi hub but that makes no difference. I attempted to use a different router, but the old one I have as a backup does not seem to work with the iMac I tried it with.
Because the problems seem to be intermittent, it now seems more likely to be at Plusnet's side of the fence, whereas originally I thought it was router-related.
Any ideas anyone?
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Strangely intermittent Broadband

It doesn't look pretty from what I can see.

Our tests aren't showing any particular issues but our Faults team will be in touch in the next 24 hours or so.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cedlor
Grafter

Re: Strangely intermittent Broadband

Zantrop - welcome to the forum.
Are you able to account for the drops shown in the Radius Graph.
Can you post the stats from your router.
When there is a problem you are usually asked to try and run the connection with an ethernet cable to the router which in turn should be plugged via a filter
into the test socket (if there is one) inside the master socket.