cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange broadband 'interruptions' - Anybody else having similar issues?

MrPig

Re: Strange broadband 'interruptions' - Anybody else having similar issues?

OK, no disconnections so far!
Zico
Grafter

Sorry to be a pain Mr Pig. If your connection issues are Wifi related, can you start a new thread so that it doesn't detract from my own thread.
Fingers crossed your problem is just a wifi connection as hopefully it should be much simpler to identify and fix.
MrPig

Good point Zico I'll hop out of here, I just thought we may have had something in common.  Smiley
Zico
Grafter

No problems. Feel free to come back if it turns out to be something else. Hopefully I may have got somewhere with my spikes  Cheesy
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Had a look at your graph a its looking LOADS better!
Zico
Grafter

Is that my TBB graph or one of the other posters?
My graph is almost spike free but it's early yet. Things tend to kick off around now if it's going to.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's yours that I had a look at, looks better than it has been but see how it is for the rest of the day.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Yeah, spikes are coming back. 
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Zico
Grafter

Yup, an hour later than yesterday but still it's happening.
shure
Grafter

for the record, I'm also having constant interruptions, usually at peak times.  Plusnet are sending another router but the fact that it appears to be time sensitive suggests to me that is an external problem.
edit: ah, just noticed you are FTTC, whereas I am vanilla ADSL2.  Don't know if that makes a difference?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Zico
Can see that it spiked again last night, going to get your line looked into further to see if anything is amiss.
@shure,
I've seen the ticket you have raised and you seem to experiencing quite a few issues hence the reason sending out the new router. It should be with you any day. Also Skype is prioritised, you can see our<a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml">traffic prioritisation</a>.
It makes no difference whether it's ADSL or FTTC apart from speed, it may also be worth creating a <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106312.0.html">ping graph</a> if you get any issues at peak times.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've raised this with our suppliers for further investigation, we've updated your ticket too.
Zico
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
@Zico
Can see that it spiked again last night, going to get your line looked into further to see if anything is amiss.

Evening Chris,
Thanks for the continued support.
Just got back from work. I've seen that my ticket has been updated regarding BT Wholesale/Openreach wanting to investigate this further. I will update the ticket when I will be available for any engineer visit.
Same spikes again tonight. I'm presuming that it wouldn't be possible for any engineer visit to be for the early evening so that they may be around when the issues occur. The spikes also appear during the day but at a lower frequency (1 or 2) and at less consistent times.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've booked an engineer for you on the e30th January 1pm-6pm, I have noted regarding the spikes and requested a later visit but cannot promise anything at the moment. Hopefully they will find the fault and if need-be they will arrange a visit when the issue is occurring.
I've updated your ticket too.
shure
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
@Zico
@shure,
I've seen the ticket you have raised and you seem to experiencing quite a few issues hence the reason sending out the new router. It should be with you any day. Also Skype is prioritised, you can see our<a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml">traffic prioritisation</a>.
It makes no difference whether it's ADSL or FTTC apart from speed, it may also be worth creating a <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106312.0.html">ping graph</a> if you get any issues at peak times.

Hi Chris,
thanks for this.  I've replied in the other thread I created and will let you know how I get on.  So far it appears to be OK with the Netgear router connected to the master socket.  I'll give it another day or so before I break out the champers Grin