cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange broadband fault

phil_the
Grafter

Strange broadband fault

Sunday evening was watching iPlayer, when it started intermittently pausing (not that unusual) but then it went off altogether and discovered modem was disconnected, and wouldn't reconnect. Tried again Monday morning and still wouldn't connect. Reconnected using the master socket as we're told, and still no joy. I still have an old Thompson modem/router, so thought I would try that and to my surprise it connected. So I assumed the modem had developed a fault.

Last night the same or similar fault seems to have occurred again. I was out, and went to check my emails when I got home, and discovered modem was disconnected again. Still no joy this morning, when my wife comes in saying there is a strange message on her iPad. The browser is showing a Plusnet authorisation screen, so enter the password and click OK, and all is now connected.

I haven't yet tried going back to the other modem. This was new when we moved house back in July, so I suspect the modem may actually be OK, and this was some sort of fault at PN or the exchange.

Anyone else seen similar problems?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Strange broadband fault

Hello @phil_the

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your connection. I have updated some setting on your line which should improve this within 24 hours. I have sent you a ticket outlining this in more detail here. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
phil_the
Grafter

Thanks Sammy,

I have now reconnected the other modem. At first it wouldn't connect, but I went in to the web interface, and re-entered the password and it has now connected. It is odd that the authorisation screen appeared on my wife's iPad but not on my PC nor laptop.

I'll take a look at the ticket. Just seen the email arrive.

Cheers

Phil

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @phil_the

Please let us know how you get on. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team