cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Happenings

butler65

Strange Happenings

I am not sure what is happening now ,
I was still getting the repeated and regular disconnections , then this week i lost the phone line for a day , which has been fixed. The problem is now the connection has developed i mind of its own . I  reconnected the router after seeing my  phone line was fixed and noticed that the broadband light on the router was continually flashing and the internet light was off. I then connected to the router by ethernet cable and was able to connect to the internet ok.As soon as i unplugged the cable and tried to connect wirelessly the boardband light and internet go back to how they was before,flashing and off . It seems the only way i can get on the internet is by ethernet cable .I am not sure if the phone line going dead has effected the router somehow .I have tried a factory reset on the router , incase the configuration has become screwed in someway, but this hasnt fixed the situation . This and the repeated disconnections are causing immense frustration. I thought i would post on here , as no-one has replied to my tickets lately about the repeated disconnections.
Not sure if anyone has the answer to both . i was with o2 before and although the speeds are only slighty different , i never dropped a connection with them , the only difference is that  plusnet are the isp and the router says plusnet on it . Everything  in the house is the same, so i dont know why the poor service.
cheers in advance
2 REPLIES 2
butler65

Re: Strange Happenings

I have now got it working ok ,
Still repeated disconnections and no ticket updates though, Angry
jim:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Strange Happenings

Hi butler65,
I've just responded to your ticket for you. To summarise my response as that ticket was an automated one which was flagged to us to remove interleaving from your connection we do not have a lot of information about the fault you are experiencing. Could you please visit the fault checker at https://faults.plus.net this will enable us to gather the information we need to run further tests and get a fault raised with our suppliers if the tests suggest one to us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team