cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange FTTC speed problem

Renzokuken
Dabbler

Strange FTTC speed problem

Hey everyone was just wondering if someone could help me as I'm getting nowhere with the fault checker.
Been happy with my FTTC speed upon till now. Its just gone to a really slow  speed of 0.2 Mb and it been like this for a few days now. The strange thing for me was it was working fine on the 25th and as soon as 12:00 midnight came along, that's when the speed just went downhill. At first I thought it was just Plusnet restricting my speed cause I went over my allowance, but it couldn't have been that cause I never went over this month and the 26th is when my new allowance starts, and is also my billing day. When my FTTC was first installed and I ran a BT speedtest, it reported a profile of 30 Mb and download of 27 Mb. As you can see in the attachment its gone down to a 25Mb profile with a download of 22.9 Mb. I think this is down to me having a power cut on the 10 day training period. But that's not where the problem is. If you look at the other attachments you can see them showing my true speed of around 0.2 Mb. I find it weird BT showing fast speeds and other testers showing  slow speeds. I don't think I have a faulty line or hardware  because the BT test wouldn't of achieved high speeds otherwise. Does anyone know what the problem could be ? Would really appreciate it if someone would help :).
6 REPLIES 6
Vip3r
Grafter

Re: Strange FTTC speed problem

Hi,
What is your Plusnet Profile set to, on the "Hi Speed broadband Page" https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed?
It should be 37Mb.
If it is then seen as the BT test looks reasonable, I would guess that the problem is with plusnet setting an incorrect traffic management on your connection, disconnecting the router (vie a the web interface) and reconnecting might fix it, if not a quick call to the free phone number should sort it.
Renzokuken
Dabbler

Yh it is 37 Mb. I gave them a call and they just said their doing tests on my line and what not. Guess i'll just have to wait. Cheers for your advice though.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Whats the latest with it today, still slow ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Mr Cobbs,
Do reply back with a ticket ID if you want me to have a look at this for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Renzokuken
Dabbler

@StuartUK35
Yeah still slow. Speed tests are still indicating 0.2 Mb but when I powered on the Ps3 to play an online game, the performance was normal and showed nothing out of the ordinary. Had low ping times aswell. I thought you needed at least 2Mb to play games optimally. Very strange this.
@Adam
Cheers Adam ticket ID is 48237748
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, one of my colleagues on the faults team should be picking that up shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team