cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting on a modem :/

Chris3862

Still waiting on a modem :/

Hey guys,
Not sure if this is the right place but, all the online details say I am set up and ready to go.
Have my router that arrived in the post.
But still waiting on a fibre modem that was supposed to be delivered by an engineer I think.
This was also a bit of a hassle as I'm very rarely available for house calls, but have to assume all the cabinet work has been done as an adsl modem won't connect and the online is plusnet status says all is good.
I'm wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for some help as the phone call route doesn't seem to help. (Given up after 25 minutes on hold twice) and soon I'll be paying my second payment without a single byte passing through 😕
Cheers guys,
Chris Smiley
8 REPLIES 8
xreyuk
Grafter

Re: Still waiting on a modem :/

When you have fibre installed, you have an engineer visit as he usually needs to modify the faceplate in your home. It's at this point he will install the modem for you.
Have you had a visit arranged?
demonix01
Grafter

Another question that I think needs asking is did you move to plusnet from a fibre provider that supplied a device that has both a ADSL modem and a VDSL modem?
If that is so, then it's likely that plusnet has mistakenly thought that you already had a fibre modem and the required alterations to the faceplate already done and never booked an engineer visit to deliver a modem and do the required changes (you should have had an appointment made for a BTOR engineer to visit and be told about it by email and text message if you supplied a mobile number).
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Chris3862,
The engineer tried to attend on 28/08/2014 at 09:25. The appointment was booked for attendance by the engineer between 8AM and 1PM. The engineer notes state that they called you and you advised that you'd cancelled the visit. We need to re-book this appointment for another engineer to attend so that they can complete the installation. Can you advise when you're available for the visit? The provisional appointment is booked for 11/09/2014 between 8AM and 1PM.
Chris3862

Hiya linn,
Thanks for getting in touch.
Yep I tried to get in touch by email and phone to cancel the date of the engineers visit but no luck.
Unfortunately the only time I am usually available is some weekends.
Is it possible to sort out a self instal? I'm even happy to provide my own equipment if it makes life easier for everyone involved.
If not, as per phone conversation with one of your customer service guys, I will probably have to downgrade to standard ADSL broadband.
It just seems a little odd that plusnet's advertising agenda seems to be centred around customer services, but trying to communicate with someone has so far proven surprisingly difficult 😕
Are engineers available for weekend or late evening installs? Again, perfectly happy to help with costs for this extra inconvenience.
Thanks again,
Christian. 
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Chris3862
Yep I tried to get in touch by email

Not surprising that failed as there are NO mailboxes for customers to send emails to Plusnet.
You should have added a comment to the open ticket relating to your installation here: https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris3862

Just got some good news from plusnet.
Apparently I'm getting internet speed of 70+Mbps.
I'm sure that would be great if I actually had the service.
Any more news on any of my above questions plusnet.
Needless to say if you send another engineer out without confirming first it's going to just be a massive waste of time money and resources.
I really don't want problems, just wish I'd gone with someone else and I'd be happily enjoying broadband by now 😕
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you contacted them via phone or added a comment to your ticket as per my last post?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris3862

I've tried phoning a couple times but I must hit the busy times because I've sat on hold for 20 ish minutes both times and then got bored.
I'll try the ticket thing now.
Thank you for your help Smiley