cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still on Broadband Premier Option 1 - should I change?

BertCoules
Grafter

Re: Still on Broadband Premier Option 1 - should I change?

My next billing date is almost two months away!  PlusNet are not going to be getting their test router back in a hurry...

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

You should be getting billed monthly?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
artificer
Grafter

premier 1 was unlimited when i joined up.  i wonder what will happen to the new unlimited package after a while?
BertCoules
Grafter

Quote from: adiewoo

Perhaps I should, but I'm not; I'm billed every three months and, as far as I know, always have been.
coastergrotto
Grafter

In that case I would raise a ticket and ask when you would expect the changeover to take place.
BertCoules
Grafter

I requested the changeover to the Unlimited package as part of the ongoing (or so I thought) communication about my hardware problems and the loan of the test router. 
That was on 17th April, and I have yet to receive any acknowledgement or confirmation that the change has been noted and is being acted upon.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

look in Closed tickets in the My Questions - it is there
BertCoules
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, but I see nothing of relevance in Closed Tickets.  The latest entry there is dated 13th April - four days before I requested the subscription change - and is a notice saying "Bandwidth usage has been reset".
I seem to have had no response whatsoever to the request in my message of 17th April.
adie:quote

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

How did you make the request to change to unlimited?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BertCoules
Grafter

As part of the continuing email (and Member Centre) correspondence about the technical problems I'd been having, the test router which was supplied for me to try, the results I'd had with it, and the arrangements for its return.  On 17th April I added this comment:
I have decided to change my subscription package to the Unlimited option, with the free wireless router; please put this into effect as soon as possible.  When I receive the new router I shall be able to return the test unit.
Since I'd already been contacted several times by Customer Services about returning the test router, I assumed that this message would be seen by, or forwarded to, them.  But as I say, I've had no acknowledgement that it has been read by anyone.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

At the top of every page on the portal is a Product Change link. When you go through there it will raise a new ticket on your account (there are other routes to get to the same place). If you haven't actually raised a request in the normal manner and have instead just added it to a ticket about another matter I'm not surprised it hasn't been actioned.
If you rang in to ask for the change the rep. would raise a new ticket to initiate the process exactly as if you had done it yourself.
Note that emails sent to Plusnet addresses on responses to tickets are not monitored.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BertCoules
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
If you haven't actually raised a request in the normal manner and have instead just added it to a ticket about another matter...

But it's not another matter.  It's exactly the same matter.  Changing to Unlimited and accepting the free router was the solution to my problem suggested several times in the course of the discussion, both by email and by phone; my 17th April comment was the culmination of that discussion.
I'm not surprised it hasn't been actioned.

Well, maybe I did do it wrong,  But would it have hurt whomever saw my message to have dropped me a note telling me so, and explaining that I should have gone through the Product Change link, as you now have?
Thanks for the information.  I've now made the change - or rather, I've signalled my desire to make the change.  Nothing going's to happen, evidently, for at least a couple of months.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: BertCoules
........I have decided to change my subscription package to the Unlimited option, with the free wireless router; please put this into effect as soon as possible.  When I receive the new router I shall be able to return the test unit..............

I can see that it would be very easy to misread this, and that's probably why you had no feedback.
Not quite sure why things should take a "couple" of months though.
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: BertCoules
Quote from: adiewoo

Perhaps I should, but I'm not; I'm billed every three months and, as far as I know, always have been.

OP says he is being billed every three months. I have not heard of this before. His change of product will not be applied until the billing several months hence.
Huh
BertCoules
Grafter

Santiago, yes, that's it: I've been billed quarterly ever since I started with PlusNet.  I thought everyone else was the same, and have been surprised to hear to the contrary.