cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no service after home move

geehawk
Rising Star

Still no service after home move

So over a week after moving house my broadband was supposedly activated but not until after a number of calls to support.
Surprise surprise I still had no access even after an hour on the phone to support whose actions mostly consisted of getting me to repeatedly re-enter my login details and reboot my router.
Problem supposedly escalated last Wednesday to the next level support and since then I have heard nothing. So much for we'll contact you within 24hrs.
I also notice my cgi website is unavailable ... Coincidence???
The inference from support was that this connection problem was nothing to do with the house move, I find that hard to believe...

Reading these forums it seems the general consensus is that PN support sucks .... It's such a shame that they don't appear to care what people think of them.
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Still no service after home move

Sorry to hear what's happened.

Feel free to PM me your username and I'll look into this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
geehawk
Rising Star

Re: Still no service after home move

As it happens things seem to be in hand now. Fingers crossed.

I spoke to (a different) Matthew early on this morning and he identified the issue within a few minutes, and put in place the resolution. 15 minutes later I was online. Been catching up with my lost 2 weeks ever since.

I cannot help but think I got very lucky this morning by getting hold of someone who was able to identify the issue where previous people were not. What really grates though is the fact that every time action has been promised it never happens until I ring up again and chase.

And the fixes appear to all have been things that were just not done your end as part of the move rather than actual problems ...

I still have an issue with my hosted CGI website being unavailable since middle of last week ("This page cant be displayed"), not sure what the problem is with that. Can access it via the Plusnet hosting tools, but cannot log in from FileZilla anymore either.