cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no activation

grayd

Still no activation

Hi,

I know COVID-19 is causing many problems for companies to operate, but I think we've been quite forgiving when it comes to waiting. We signed up on the 19th of June and we're still not activated, any router delivered or anything. The order tracker is still stuck on Step 3: Checking your line.

I've tried to call Customer Support and after pressing the relevant options it forwards me to here. I think we're a few days away from being disconnected from our current ISP. We need the internet connection because myself and my wife are not currently leaving the house and we're doing all of our shopping online, so to lose access right now during a pandemic is quite concerning to say the least.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Still no activation

Thanks for your post @grayd

Unfortunately, it looks like your current provider has put a cease on your broadband which is preventing us from taking over your line.

You'd need to contact your current provider to get this removed

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Still no activation

@grayd

A warm welcome to the forums.

A losing supplier should never place a service cease order on a line, unless the user instructed them to do so, by telling them they are leaving.

Migrating to a different provider should be left to the new provider to manage, including advising the existing supplier of the change date. Not leaving everything in the hands of the new provider inhibits the new provider from placing an order on the line until the cease order has completed.

As things stand it appears you’ve told your existing supplier you are leaving and given them a termination date. Unless you undo that, you will be without broadband for the reinstatement lead time. You also have the risk of losing your phone number.

This is nothing to do with PlusNET’s processing of the order but how the industry works - existing provider’s line cease equals no new supplier orders until completed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.