cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being billed after leaving PlusNet

FIXED
Ears

Still being billed after leaving PlusNet

I know this is a recurring theme, but I am hoping someone on here can help. I left PlusNet for another service provider at the end of August, but I am still being billed by PlusNet, even though I no longer use their services, and have today received another pre-payment email. I am pretty sure I have paid when I shouldn't, thinking it was my final payment. Does anyone know how to get the account properly closed and any monies I shouldn't have paid returned?  Thank you in advance...

4 REPLIES 4
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Still being billed after leaving PlusNet

The best thing to do is cancel your direct debit. This will then get you a call from plusnet to tell you there is no active payment set up ..... It beats waiting an hour on the phone to try and talk to someone in the dire call centre......
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

We'll get your account cancelled and the invoices refunded as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Ears

Thank you for your help. Although I am still not certain the account is fully closed as I am getting contradictory correspondence from Plusnet, but it has definitely moved on. I feel obliged to say it does surprise me that this practice still continues, considering the history Plusnet has with this issue, and for whatever reason (I assume higher profit margins) there doesn't seem to be the desire within the management of this company to get to the bottom of this and properly resolve the issue, rather they seem comfortable to leave "as is" and let customers complain individually, which is pretty poor on every level.

For anybody else affected I suggest you contact Ofcom. Whilst Ofcom will not actively get involved in individual cases you can feedback your own personal experiences via their website and complete their short online monitoring form - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing. If the issue affects enough customers it may just help drive some changes. 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

HI @Ears

Thanks for coming back to us.

I can confirm that your account is 100% closed. I've updated your open ticket here to request that our billing team investigate the refund aspect of your query and update you accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave