cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Waiting on interleaving to be turned off..

MickHowes1
Grafter

Still Waiting on interleaving to be turned off..

I Asked on my last post for myu intereleaving tro be removed more than 2 weeks ago as my line is no longer disconnecting, yet i'm still sitting here on an interleaved line for no reason..
Can somebody just put a ticket in and get my interleaving removed.
I phoned plusnet up the other day aswell because i got a new pc and it has windows 8 and i asked for help on why i was losing the internet every so often through DNS... yet 2 of the plusnet staff who i called knew how to sort the problem.,. when within 20 minutes of me pluterring about in the routers config i had it working. seriously annoying.. I ALSO asked on the phone if a ticket had been put in for my interleaving to be removed and they said there had been to tickets put in and none have been escalated. extremely P'd off about this service. As soon as fibre comes. im off to bt.
13 REPLIES 13
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Still Waiting on interleaving to be turned off..

Mick, the problem is WITH BT. The problem was created by BT with BT's systems that ISP.s including BT Retail, have to use. So if you want the same problems but with offshore customer service that you can't understand, then fine. BT is the problem.
I would have exactly the same problem as you if I wanted mine off.  I posted this on another thread -
As I understand it, there is an issue with changes made by BT to the interface used by Plusnet to make these changes on 20CN. They now have to use the 21CN ECOplus platform and changes like this aren't happening. It was rumoured that an SNR Reset followed by the Turn Interleaving Off order might work, other than that they have to raise what I understand is called a Bridge Case with BTw.
My suspicion is that the agent dealing with this does not appreciate that this continued fail needs to be escalated and should already have been so.
You aren't the only one affected by this unfortunately.

You didn't come back on your other thread in response to Dan's post here otherwise I'm sure Dan would have progressed it last week.
I'd fully expect Dan or Luke to pick this up on Monday.  I think they have found a way of achieving this quite quickly whilst they then chase it through BT's stupid escalation system to get it done permanently.
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi Mick,
We've tried all the normal ways to get interleaving off and up till now nothing has been working.
I've tried a slightly different route and I'm hopeful we will have interleaving off by tomorrow.
I'll let you know.
DanHodby
Grafter

I've had a notification that by the end of today we should see the new profile (with interleaving turned off) active on the line. 
Fingers crossed!
MickHowes1
Grafter

Nope still interleaved Sad
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

But it's not the end of the day yet, something may happen at midnight, or not, you never know!  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

When it's down to BTw, it could be in 10 minutes, 10 hours or 10 days Roll_eyes
I'm just damned glad I'm not having any trouble with my line at the moment Lips_are_sealed
MickHowes1
Grafter

Still not
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi Mick,
Interleaving is actually OFF on the line but the profile is stuck. I've raised this with the relevant team in BTW who will arrange the profile update.
I should have more information later today.
MickHowes1
Grafter

any info?,,
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

considering the post was made at 1:20pm TODAY, i think you may have to be a little more patient!
DanHodby
Grafter

The bridge case has been raised with BTW and due to get the profile updated by the EOD on the 19/09.
Its my mission to get this all sorted for you so I'll be chasing it up early next week to see if we can push it along the way.
Dan
MickHowes1
Grafter

quick question... From past experiences with yourselves and with other ISP's it takes at the most 1 working day to change a profile. So why is it taking more than 7...
DanHodby
Grafter

Normally it does only take a day, sometimes hours. However in this case, the profile is stuck which is why we've been having difficulties with it.