cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Having Problems (question #62191953)

Timbob
Grafter

Still Having Problems (question #62191953)

This ticket seems to have been accidentally closed, but the issues are still going on. Ticket ID 62191953.
As mentioned in the long back and forth dialogue in that ticket, my fibre connection is still completely unstable. My internet is actually worse than it was before the upgrade. We had an openreach guy out, who basically tidied up the master socket and managed to get the DSL light to stay on on the BT modem. But everything is still performing really horribly. Sluggish, really. I can't talk online using VoIP (when I do I receive fragments of delayed messages sent minutes earlier, and the generally quality of messages are broken up and distorted. I'm unable to participate in online gaming, because the connection just drops out constantly, streaming video content is a challenge as well. It's just all over the place and unstable, there's no doubt about it.
I'm a little bit annoyed at being told that the VoIP issues are possibly an issue with the TS server. I'm the server admin and I know that there's absolutely nothing wrong with it (plus no one else is having these problems). The fact that there is obviously a problem at my end somewhere should make it obvious that this is absolutely nothing to do with the TS server. I'm having all sorts of problems besides that. What would be more helpful is some actual logical approach to tracking down the source of the issues.
I can report that I am unable to create a PPPoE connection directly through the BT modem, via ethernet from my PC. I actually get this error message pop up when I try that:

I can also report that when I turn on my technicolor gateway router, the internet, broadband and ethernet lights just flicker constantly, and the lan light on the bt modem starts flickering once the gateway is powered up. I'm not sure if this tells you anything helpful. But personally I am having a hard time believing the problem lies anywhere else other than the router or modem. We know that the connection is fine at the exchange, after all the tests that have been done, the openreach engineer confirmed that the full signal was coming through at the socket, and that it was being sent through to the modem.
The really weird part is that the fibre worked fine for the first week and then it all just went to pot.
Can we please make some progress on this now, as the situation is just getting really frustrating.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Still Having Problems (question #62191953)

Sorry to hear you're still having these problems with your connection. I've raised a new ticket with the faults team and have requested further investigation. IMHO another engineer visit would most likely be the next step .
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Still Having Problems (question #62191953)

When creating that direct connection have you double-checked the login credentials you're using and made sure the correct network adapter is being used? i.e. the one you've plugged the modem directly into? Would certainly be handy to rule out the router as the potential cause of the problem.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵