cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still 'Checking my details' - How long until I should be worried?

timlake
Grafter

Still 'Checking my details' - How long until I should be worried?

I placed my order on 6th October and it's still stuck at the 'Checking your details' stage 7 days later.  I did choose not to pay the first payment by card which I appreciate slows things down but I thought it'd be on the next stage by now.  Should I be concerned or is this normal?
I have sent a support ticket anyway but thought I'd ask the community  Smiley
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Still 'Checking my details' - How long until I should be worried?

I think that it is waiting for the direct debit to go through which can take from 7 to 10 days
mal0z
Grafter

It's probably the bank being slow setting up direct debit - when I set up an account recently it took about 8 days,
techguy
Grafter

Card is always quicker because they authorise it immediately and once that happens the payment is guaranteed so they can proceed
Did mine with a card to get things moving and it moved to activating your line in about 3 hours
timlake
Grafter

Thanks, yeah I just added a credit card and updated the ticket to request that be charged for the first payment.  I'll see what happens.
paulby
Grafter

It might move quicker if you give them a phone  - 0114 296 5198
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've given things a prod in the right direction for you, the order should go through this afternoon/evening and normally takes 5 working days to complete.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
timlake
Grafter

Thanks Chris, I appreciate that
Santiago
Grafter

timlake
Welcome to the forum. I hope you get connected quickly now all the right buttons have been pressed.
It amazing how helpful people can be if asked nicely isn't it.  Lips_are_sealed Wink
timlake
Grafter

Yes, a polite tone and a little patience seems to be all thats needed Grin
My order progress has now jumped on to 'checking line' so thanks for that Chris
techguy
Grafter

Yes welcome indeed.
I think you'll find dealing with PN a refreshing change, I know I have in all respects.
timlake
Grafter

I look forward to it.  I am presently with Pipex who have been great but they've sold their home customers to Tiscali now so I have no desire to go with them in the new house!  I did plenty of research and PN seemed to come out on top, especially for gaming.  Customer service is such a big part of the experience with ISPs and most are pretty poor so the good service I've had so far and read about on here, is reassuring
mal0z
Grafter

Tim
I too was with Pipex - who originally were very good - UK call centre on an 0845 number, Then they sold out to Tiscalli and the slide began. Far East call centre on 0871 numbers and impersoanal customer service.
Came to Plusnet about 6 weeks ago and very much better - despite a billing glitch !!!. - So much better dealing with real people -
Waiting for the move to new ISP somehow seems very slow doesn't it - but hopefully should be complete by the end of this week.  Wink
timlake
Grafter

I'm moving to the new house at the end of next week so have a little margin there, good thing is the landlord is awesome and we already have a key so in the interim I can go in and tinker and check all is working before the point when I actually need a working service.
Perhaps some kind of gaming party to celebrate  Cool