cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay away from these clowns!!!

ppyvabw
Hooked

Stay away from these clowns!!!

I have been a Plusnet customer for a few months now, and regret it already. Their customer service is poor, there is often a 15 to 30 minute wait when you call, and my broadband regularly drops out.

However, that is nothing compared to the service received by family, who are also Plusnet customers, with whom I am staying at the moment. For the last 4 days, their internet connection has been intermittent at best. It repeatedly kicks you off after only a few minutes, if you can get connected at all (even after hours of trying). It is like this morning, noon and night. The longest length of time I have been able to remain connected is about 30 mins, but is generally less than 2 or 3 minutes. Less than bloody useless!

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Stay away from these clowns!!!

Perhaps I can help you to get things into context. Plusnet contract Openreach to provide you with a reliable service so the problems that you are experiencing are being caused by problems with the Openreach infrastructure.

So currently the only failure that you are upset about is that is the responsibility os Plusnet is that these 'clowns' are taking 15 to 30 minutes to answer the phone.

I agree this is not good enough but that doesn't mean that your problem was caused by Plusnet. Neither is it within their power to fix it themselves, all they can do is chase Openreach.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

There hasn't been any mention of anyone trying to contact Plusnet, or do any kind of troubleshooting over this issue with the families connection.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ppyvabw
Hooked

Sorry, but we pay subscription fees to Plusnet, not BT Openreach, so regardless of who maintains the infrastructure it is Plusnet's responsibility to ensure the service we pay for is delivered reliably. If that means keeping their boot on BT Openreach's neck then that's what they should do, otherwise we should be within our right to cancel the subscription.

It's not my place to phone Plusnet about my father's connection; he will call in his own time. I expect he hasn't called because he does not expect there to be any chance of getting it fixed over last weekend, Xmas and boxing day. You can barely get through to them on a weekday, let alone holiday season!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry about the wait times. At the moment, there's no call queue to get through to us though I do appreciate it's not always like that and it's likely to be low around this time of year due to the festive season.

Testing your line isn't showing any issues apart from the fact your router dropped the connection just over an hour ago:

Is your router switched on now?

Also, are your devices connected over WiFi usually or using an ethernet cable?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet