cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP and migration to FTTC

oglord
Dabbler

Static IP and migration to FTTC

Quick question - when migrating from PlusNet ADSL to FTTC are existing static IPs retained?
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Static IP and migration to FTTC

Yes they are, unless it's a move to Value Fibre as that account type does't support static IP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
WWWombat
Grafter

It also depends on what package you are currently on. When we moved from an old "Home Surf" product, we had to change to a different static IP.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

When I switched from Plusnet Extra to Plusnet Unlimited (through the customer options team) my static IP remained.
oglord
Dabbler

In anticipation of a move to FTTC I recently switched from an ancient package that is no longer offered to the current Extra package. My existing static IP range was retained. According to RIPE, 84.92.24.0 - 84.92.31.255 is called PLUSNET-DIAL-ADSL, but presumably that is only a name and doesn't imply that these addresses are only to be used with ADSL.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Correct we use a component based system to add IP blocks to accounts and they have a generic name.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team