Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP address

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Static IP address

All a VPN does is provide an encrypted link between two networks. That allows two physically separate networks appear as if they were on the same local network.

What the "untraceable" VPN services offer is a way for your network to appear on the internet at some remote location/IP address. Often that is in some other country where laws are different/unenforcible, so anything illegal/private you do can go unobserved. Personally I wouldn't use such a service, precisely because they tend to be based in some other country where laws are different/unenforcible. And such an outgoing VPN isn't what you need anyway. It wouldn't help because you need a static IP, which is exactly what such a VPN service promises not to provide, and they don't offer incoming connections.

To access your network remotely using an incoming VPN you just need a VPN server on your network that is exposed to the internet (can be built into a router or software running on a computer) and a VPN client on your remote device. You don't need a 3rd party involved at all.

zayn1001
Hooked

Re: Static IP address

Thanks you ,and thank you again for your input. It is something  new to me and i must say very interesting to find out that all this is not as easy as it sounds or sometimes they make it sound as if it is quite easy.

Thanks and kind regards

zayn1001